Keep What You Make
On the course you will make at least the following:
- a 1200mm long vanity top with integrated basin (RRP $2290)
- a 1200mm reinforced table top / bench top (RRP $720)
- a vessel basin (RRP $660)
All of these are yours to keep if you wish.
- That is $3670 of finished products as well as the knowledge to keep making more high quality GFRC.
- This is a hands-on course with a couple of hours practical at the start of each day.
Who is the course for?
Everyone is welcome and we have enjoyed the company of students from the ages of 21 to 77, guys and gals from across Australia and from overseas.
If you’re from out of town why not stay an extra few days and explore Fremantle and beautiful Western Australia.
What skills and gear do I need?
We provide everything, just wear clothes that you don’t mind getting concrete on. If you have PPE (glasses, muffs and mask) please bring them. We can supply these items but due to Covid we will have to then dispose of them after only 2.5 days use.
You will be using battery powered drills/drivers so some knowledge of these is handy.
Some mixing is done with a large hand held cement mixer. Most people have no problem with the weight of this.
Concrete Course Outline
8.30am to 4pm
Day 1 Morning Class
GFRC theory – why and where it is used – weight and strength advantages – moulding techniques and theory – casting techniques and theory.
Day 1 Morning Practical
- Assembling from scratch a mould for a 1200m integrated sink
- Learn all the tips and tricks to get it right first time.
- Choose from one of our basin shapes.
Supplied from our local bakery in South Freo. This isn’t your average course lunch.
Day 1 Afternoon Practical
A busy three hours of spraying and casting the mould you made in the morning. This is hands-on, you do all the making.
8.30am to 4pm
Day 2 Morning Class
Recap of Day 1 – Discussion and planning for demoulding – How to handle freshly cured concrete.
Day 2 Morning Practical
- Be amazed as you demould the items from Day 1.
- As soon as they are demoulded, you will assemble a new, coffee table size, mould.
- Then straight into concrete fabrication of your new moulds.
Day 2 Afternoon Practical
- Finish the concrete from the morning’s session.
- Sealing demonstration in the spray-booth of our CS Protect Sealer.
- Sealing the pieces you cast on Day 1. While this is much quicker than we would usually seal a piece, it means you get to start and finish your items.
- Casting vessel basins
9am to 12pm
Day 3 Morning Class
Recap of Day 2 with a focus on sealing.
Day 3 Morning Practical
- Demould all items from Day 2
- Seal all items from Day 2 with CS Swift penetrating sealer
- Finish off sealing, detailing and polishing items from Day 1 with CS Protect Sealer
- Discussion on installation and handling
Group photo and farewells around midday.
What do our past students say?
All the reviews are on our Google listing
Book your place today!
If you have any queries, please get in touch using our contact form on the Contact Us Page or call 08 6226 9670
24 – 26 March 202
– All students are required to follow the workplace safety guidelines of our factory at all times
– Steel capped shoes are not required but are advised
– Bookings are not refundable but can be rescheduled to a later course with a minimum of one week’s notice